The work of a business consultant and business coach sounds the same. However, they work in a different way. These are the differences between the 2.
- Business Consultant –
- A business consultant always works with people such as a group or team depending on the requirement. As a group, a consultant works for a bigger organization.
- For a challenge, business consultants are hired to solve the problem. These professionals offer their knowledge on tackling the problem for the organization.
- The business consultant usually sits and discusses the problem with the entire team. And whatever the outcome is, the business consultant will be held accountable.
- In a situation where the organization cannot find a solution to their problem, then it is the job of the consultant to come up with a solution a.s.a.p.
- The consultant plays no part if changes are required to be made in the organization.
- Business Coach –
- Similar to a business consultant, business coach also requires to find a solution for a business.
- A business coach usually sits down and discusses about the problem with either the owner or a higher authority individual.
- A business coach acts as a mentor to find a solution for the problem of a business. The coach will use his knowledge, ideas and experience to come up with a solution. However, the coach is not going to be responsible if the outcome ends in a negative result.
- Business coach also helps in strengthening the mindset of the people working in the business.
In Melbourne, business coach is now the next big thing for many aspiring professionals.